in

Kevin Spacey will not appear in final season House of Cards 2018

Netflix will resume production on House of Cards without Kevin Spacey in early 2018.

Season 6, which was previously announced to be the final season of the political drama, will be 8 episodes long.

Filming was put on hiatus at the end of October and Spacey was suspended while Netflix and production studio Media Rights Capital conducted an internal review following allegations of misconduct against their star.

“We were really excited we could get to an agreement… for the conclusion of the show,” said Netflix boss Ted Sarandos, speaking Monday at UBS’s Global Media and Communications Conference, per Variety.

Multiple reports have surfaced detailing decades of sexual harassment from Spacey, beginning with Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp, who first came forward about an alleged incident that took place when Rapp was 14 and Spacey was 26.

In October, Netflix released a statement that the company “will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey. We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show.”

That path forward appears to be giving the rest of the cast and crew some closure on the series, as well as wrapping things up for the fans, although Spacey — much like his machiavellian character Frank Underwood — will undoubtedly loom large over the season.

WATCH: Jennifer Lawrence, Reese Witherspoon speak out about sexual harassment in Hollywood

(source)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

Comments

comments

3 BC Cellphone carriers with outrageous rate plans

Volunteer set to become the first person to undergo a HEAD TRANSPLANT admits he will NOT now undergo the surgery and says: ‘That’s a weight off my chest’